This super easy white chicken chili is the perfect hands-off crockpot meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 poblano peppers, diced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine (optional)
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese (add at the end)
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the poblanos, jalapenos, bell pepper, onion and garlic in the olive oil until slightly charred and aromatic. Add in the white wine to deglaze the pan and scrape all the browned bits off the bottom and add to the crockpot (if you don’t want to use wine, just use ½ cup of vegetable broth).
Throw the rest of the ingredients (except the cream cheese!) into the crockpot and give it a stir. Cover and place the crockpot liner in the fridge overnight.
Cook and serve
Remove from the fridge and place liner into crockpot base. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
About 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken breasts and shred them with a fork. Add the cream cheese and stir until mostly melted. Return the shredded chicken, cover and let cook for about 20 minutes.
Serve with suggested toppings and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Dinner, Soup
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 6.3g
- Sodium: 394.9mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrates: 28.9g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Protein: 22.2g
- Cholesterol: 70.1mg
Keywords: chicken chili, white chicken chili, creamy chili, crockpot meals