Mine and Barley's favorite sweet snack! So much better than store-bought!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (you can always add extra!)
- Add whipping cream and vanilla extract to a large* chilled mixing bowl.
*a large bowl is important so that the cream doesn't splash all over the place (trust me).
- Use a hand mixer (a stand mixer works too but it's more cleanup in my opinion) on a medium to high speed to beat the whipped cream until it starts to get a little thick.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue to beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks* form.
*do not continue to beat the whipped cream after you get those stiff peaks or else it will start to get lumpy and butter-like.
- Put on big dollop on top of your favorite pie and enjoy!
And don't forget to let you pup lick the beaters (homemade puppuccino ftw).
- Storage: homemade whipped cream is best when served the same day but will keep up to 3-5 days in the fridge in an airtight container. After a few days, the whipped cream at the bottom of the container may be runny, this is normal and still fine to eat and you can easily whip it back up.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 40
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Sodium: 2.1mg
- Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 8.5mg
Keywords: whipped cream, homemade whipped cream, dessert, easy whipped cream