This peach and ricotta panzanella is one of my favorite summer dishes! It's quick, easy, and a great way to use stale bread!
- 3-4 cups stale rustic style bread, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 16 ounces heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- fresh basil
- fresh thyme
- ricotta cheese (burrata and mozzarella are also delicious)
- Toss together the bread, peaches, tomatoes, and shallot in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients then pour over the salad.
- Toss everything together and make sure all the bread is evenly coated in the vinaigrette.
- Cover and let rest for about 20 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Top with fresh herbs and cheese.
Panzanella is best eaten the same day as it does not keep well.
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 20.7g
- Sodium: 534mg
- Fat: 18.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 46.5g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Keywords: panzanella, bread salad, easy side dishes, peach panzanella, peach and ricotta panzanella