This post is sponsored by Maggi Marketplace, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Barley & Sage possible! As you know, we only partner with brands that we believe in and wholeheartedly recommend!
This vegan mushroom stir fry is one of my go-to easy weeknight meals! It’s super quick, easy, and has the most amazing flavorful sauce thanks to Maggi Marketplace Premium Vegetable Base!
From start to finish, this stir fry only takes about 20 minutes to come together! You just have to whisk together the sauce, and toss all the veggies together in a hot skillet or wok!
One of my favorite things about stir fry is that you can make a ton of easy substitutions based on what you have on hand!
This mushroom stir fry is delicious over jasmine rice but you can serve it with your favorite noodles instead!
I use red bell peppers, broccolini, and bok choy in this recipe. But you could also add or substitute sliced carrots, zucchini, snow peas, etc. The options are endless!
Maggi Marketplace Premium Vegetable Base
The Maggi Marketplace Premium Vegetable Base is the secret ingredient in this mushroom stir fry! It’s a super flavorful bullion base made from sautéed vegetables that contains no artificial flavors and is certified vegan. It adds an amazing, rich flavor and also helps thicken the sauce!
Can easily be substituted with olive oil, vegetable oil, or avocado oil!
Can be substituted with honey or coconut sugar or just omitted all together.
If you make this vegan mushroom stir fry, please leave us a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers.
Vegan Mushroom Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 Portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, optional
- 1 tablespoon Maggi Marketplace Premium Vegetable Base
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, substitute olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, substitute honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- jasmine rice
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Maggi Marketplace Premium Vegetable Base, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, lime juice, and red pepper flakes and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add in the Portobello mushroom slices, onion, and red bell pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are golden brown and slightly seared.
- Add in the broccolini and bok choy and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- Add in the sauce and stir to coat. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice and top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
More recipes you might like
Browse more savory recipes →