Made with frozen puff pastry, this baked brie is an easy yet impressive appetizer for any party! It's topped with honey and toasted pecans and goes great with bread, crackers, and fruit!
Puff Pastry Notes
Puff pastry is one of the few things that I will never make from scratch because I just do not have the patience. So frozen puff pastry is one of my favorite things! It's also super easy to use.
You can thaw the puff pastry by putting it in the fridge overnight (the easiest) or let it sit at room temperature for about 40 minutes before using. However, you just want to make sure it doesn't get too warm!
Note: You only need one sheet of puff pastry for this recipe. Most puff pastry comes with two sheets so you can rewrap the second sheet and place it back in the freezer.
Homemade pie crust is a great alternative to puff pastry for this recipe! Or you can just bake the brie by itself. Just put in on a baking sheet for 15-ish minutes and serve warm.
Since it's February, I went with more winter pairings. Who says cheeseboards are just for summer??
- Crusty French bread
- Red pears
- Toasted pecans (even better? honey roasted pecans)
- Red wine (duhhh)
You can also make it a full party spread and add in different cheeses! The more the better in my opinion.
Other flavor variations
- Bacon Jam - You can use my homemade bacon jam recipe for an amazing sweet and savory combo!
- Caramelized Onions & Mushrooms - If you prefer a more savory cheeseboard, this is the option for you! I love pairing caramelized onions and cremini mushrooms with cheese (I'm drooling).
- Balsamic Roasted Grapes - If you've never roasted grapes, you are missing out! It brings out most amazing flavors and pairs perfectly with melty brie!
More Appetizer Recipes
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. And if you want more delicious, scratch-made recipes you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Baked Brie with Honey and Pecans
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 inch wheel of brie
- ¼ cup toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 large egg, beaten for egg wash
- crusty bread
- toasted pecans
- Thaw your puff pastry in the fridge overnight or at room temperature for about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 puff pastry sheet out into a 12 inch square.
- Place the wheel of brie on top of the pastry (you can cut the top of the rind off if you prefer) and top with toasted pecans, honey, and thyme.
- Fold the edges of the puff pastry up over the top of the brie and seal into a neat little package.
- Place on your lined baking sheet and brush the top and sides with egg wash.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with bread, crackers, and fruit!
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.