This super easy slow cooker chili is the ultimate pantry meal! I make it probably every other week because it's so easy and will feed the two of us for like three days. My Crock-Pot* is easily one of my favorite kitchen gadgets, especially when I'm commuting almost 3 hours a day. I always have canned veggies on hand and ground beef in the freezer, so we can make chili literally whenever.
To make the chili, we just saute up the ground beef with onions and peppers. Then combine everything in the Crock-Pot and let it hang out all day. That's it! So easy.
Tip: It's always cheaper to buy ground beef in bulk, so I'll buy a 2-3 pound pack and saute it all with onions and peppers. Then portion it out and freeze it! Then whenever I'm craving chili, we can just throw our frozen meat in the Crock-Pot with some canned tomatoes and beans and voila! dinner is served (in 4-8 hours).
You can use any canned tomatoes that you have on hand, but my favorite are these Harris Teeter Fire Roasted Salsa Tomatoes! They are so good! They have a ton of flavor and taste amazing in chili. So if you have a Harris Teeter nearby, I highly recommend giving these a try. But again, any diced tomatoes will do just fine.
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
Since this chili is already loaded with four types of beans and corn, just remove the ground beef/turkey to make it vegetarian chili!
More Soup Recipes
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. And if you want more delicious, scratch-made recipes you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Easy Slow Cooker Chili
- crockpot or instapot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2-4 jalapenos, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef, or turkey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-2 cups Vegetable Stock, or water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- lime wedges
- tortilla chips
- Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion, bell peppers, jalapenos, and garlic in the olive oil until translucent and fragrant.
- Add in the ground beef, salt, pepper, cayenne, chili powder, and cumin and continue to cook until the beef is browned and cooked through (just a few minutes). You can drain out the excess fat if desired, then add to your Crock-Pot.
- Add in the canned tomatoes, beans, and corn and stir until combined.
- Add just enough stock or water to barely cover top of the ingredients in the Crock-Pot (add more liquid if you want a more soupy chili).
- Stir in the lime juice and hot sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Browse more soup recipes →