Lemon drops have always been one of my favorite cocktails! They're light, refreshing, tangy, and the overall perfect summer drink! This lemon drop martini is also super easy to make.
- Vodka - Since vodka is the star of this cocktail, you want to use high quality stuff! Since this is a lemon cocktail, I love to use citrus vodka if I have it on hand, but plain vodka is just as delicious. My favorites are Kettle One Citroen and Tito's but you can use whatever you prefer!
- Orange Liqueur - This is completely optional, but a little bit of orange liqueur just adds a little something extra. My favorite is Grand Marnier!
- Simple Syrup - You can add as little or as much simple syrup as you like! I like my lemon drops to be pretty tangy but if you like it sweeter, definitely add more syrup! See my notes below for making your own lemon simple syrup!
how to make lemon simple syrup
I always make my own simple syrup for cocktails because it's so easy and paying for it seems silly to me! You can also add in different herbs or fruit for a delightfully flavored simple syrup. Since we have leftover lemon peels from squeezing out the lemon juice, you can just add those in!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- lemon peels (optional)
- Add the sugar, water, and leftover lemon peels to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let cool completely to room temperature, then strain into a glass jar and seal tightly with a lid.
- Store in the fridge for up to a month!
cocktail serving tips
The best part of a lemon drop martini is the sugar rim!! You can just use regular granulated sugar, or make a quick and easy lemon sugar rim. You just need:
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
To make a lemon sugar rim; add the sugar to a small plate, then rub the lemon zest into the sugar with your fingers until fragrant. That's it!
shop this post!
If you make this lemon drop martini, please leave us a star rating and review at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers!
Lemon Drop Martini
- 2 ounces vodka, citrus infused
- 1 ½ ounces lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- ½ ounce orange liqueur , optional
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Add the sugar to a small plate, then rub the lemon zest into the sugar with your fingers until fragrant.
- Moisten the rim of your martini glass with a bit of lemon juice or simple syrup. Turn the glass upside down and twist into the lemon sugar and set aside.
- Add the vodka, lemon juice, simple syrup, and orange liqueur to a cocktail shaker, then top with ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds or until cold. Strain into your sugar rimmed martini glass and enjoy!
More Cocktail Recipes
Browse more drink recipes →