Pomegranates are one of my favorite winter fruits! This quick and easy pomegranate spinach salad is topped with farro, apples, candied pecans, goat cheese and a homemade vinaigrette.
This hearty salad makes a great addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas menu! You might also enjoy these other holiday side dishes.
This is one of those recipes that's barely a recipe, but it's just too yummy not to share!
You just need a few simple ingredients for this hearty winter salad!
- Pomegranate - Fresh pomegranate seeds are the star of this spinach salad!
- Apple - I love using a tart, crisp apple like pink lady or honeycrisp!
- Farro - Cook farro according to package directions and let cool completely before adding to the salad.
- Pecans - I love candied pecans, but you could also substitute walnuts or toasted almonds!
- Goat Cheese - I love the way the goat cheese mellows out the tartness from the fresh fruit.
- Spinach - This salad is also delicious with spring mix or kale!
My favorite thing about this salad is that you can easily swap out the ingredients for whatever you like!
How to remove pomegranate seeds?
Cutting and peeling a pomegranate is a lot easier than you think!
This is a great video that shows you exactly how to do it!
You only need the seeds from 1 pomegranate for this salad!
my favorite homemade vinaigrette
I've included my favorite super easy vinaigrette that I make for almost all my salads! Just throw all the ingredients in a mason jar and give it a good shake! I recommend making the dressing a day or two in advance, so that the flavors have time to fully meld!
But if you prefer, you could also use a simple store-bought vinaigrette or balsamic for this pomegranate spinach salad!
You can also substitute pomegranate molasses in place of the apple cider vinegar/honey!
If you want a bit of heartier salad, you can also add some protein like grilled chicken or crumbled bacon on top!
You can toss together the ingredients for this salad up to a day in advance. Just wait to dress until right before serving.
More Recipes You Might Like
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. And if you want more delicious, scratch-made recipes you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Pomegranate Spinach Salad with Apples & Goat Cheese
- 4 cups spinach, or mixed greens
- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 1 large pomegranate, about 1 cup seeds
- 1 cup farro, cooked and cooled
- ½ cup candied pecans
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup apple cider vinegar , substitute pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and seal tightly. Shake vigorously to combine. Let sit for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Toss together the the salad ingredients and lightly drizzle with the dressing.
- That's it!
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.