This roasted golden beet salad is the perfect addition to any fall meal! With roasted beets, farro, goat cheese, and crunchy almonds it's hearty enough to serve as a meal on its own, or as a side dish with roast chicken or potato leek soup!
You just need a few simple ingredients for this hearty fall salad!
The best salads have a combination of flavors and textures!
- Golden Beets - Golden beets are a milder, sweeter variety of beet with the most stunning bright yellow flesh. But you can use regular red beets if you prefer!
- Farro - Cook farro according to package directions and let cool completely before adding to the salad.
- Shallots - Shallots have a delicate flavor that pairs great with the beets, but you could also use red onion!
- Roasted Marcona Almonds - You could also substitute candied pecans, walnuts, pepitas, or pistachios!
- Goat Cheese - I love the way the goat cheese compliments the roasted beets but you could also use feta cheese!
- Spinach - This salad is also delicious with arugula, spring mix, or kale!
- Herbs - This is optional, but I love adding in some fresh herbs like basil or mint to compliment the flavors of the salad!
- White Balsamic Vinegar - My acid of choice for the dressing but you could swap it out for champagne vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
My favorite thing about this roasted beet salad is that you can easily swap out the ingredients for whatever you like!
Easy Homemade Vinaigrette
This is my favorite super easy vinaigrette that I make for almost all my salads! Just throw all the ingredients in a mason jar and give it a good shake! Let sit for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
But if you prefer, you could also use a simple store-bought vinaigrette or balsamic for this roasted golden beet salad!
How to Make Golden Beet Salad
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Thoroughly wash the golden beets and peel if desired. Then dice into 1 inch chunks.
Arrange the beets on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Bake at 425°F for about 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
Toss together the spinach, roasted beets, cooled farro, and the rest of the salad ingredients and lightly drizzle with the dressing.
This roasted beet salad is best eaten the same day! Store undressed salad in the fridge for up to 3 days and store the dressing in a tightly sealed mason jar for up to 2 weeks.
You can prepare the individual ingredients up to a day in advance (like the farro and roasted beets), but I wouldn't assemble or dress the salad until right before serving.
More Recipes You Might Like!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. And if you want more delicious, scratch-made recipes you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Roasted Golden Beet Salad with Farro
- 4 cups spinach or spring mix
- 1 cup farro, cooked and cooled
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ½ cup marcona almonds, substitute pecans, walnuts, or pistachios
- ¼ cup fresh basil, optional
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and seal tightly. Shake vigorously to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Let sit for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly wash the golden beets and peel if desired. Then dice into 1 inch chunks.
- Arrange the beets on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425°F for about 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Toss together the spinach, roasted beets, cooled farro, and the rest of the salad ingredients and lightly drizzle with the dressing.
- That's it!
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.