The Woodford Spire is Woodford Reserve's signature Kentucky Derby cocktail! With only 3 simple ingredients, it's great for making in large batches for your Derby party (or sipping on all summer long)! With delicious Woodford Reserve Bourbon, lemonade, and cranberry juice it's light, refreshing, and not too sweet!
This recipe was created in partnership with Woodford Reserve; all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Barley & Sage possible! This recipe is originally from Woodford Reserve!
You just need 3 simple ingredients to make a Woodford Spire!
- Woodford Reserve Bourbon - Woodford Reserve makes some of the best bourbon around! With more than 200 flavor notes, from bold grain and wood, to sweet aromatics, spice, and fruit & floral notes, it has a smooth beautiful finish! You can use either the Woodford Reserve Straight Bourbon Whiskey, or the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon for an even more complex flavor.
- Lemonade - I prefer, homemade fresh squeezed lemonade, but if you go for store-bought at least splurge for the good stuff for the best flavor!
- Cranberry Juice - Use you favorite brand of 100% cranberry juice!
- Crushed Ice - If your fridge doesn't make crushed ice or you don't have a fancy pebble ice maker, did you know you can buy bags of ice at fast food restaurants like Sonic! For just $2.50 you can get a huge bag of perfect pebble ice!
- Lemon - This is optional, but I love a simple lemon peel garnish!
How to Make A Woodford Spire
This cocktail is incredibly easy to make and comes together in just a couple minutes!
Add the bourbon, lemonade, and cranberry juice to a mixing glass and stir.
Fill a glass with crushed ice and pour Woodford Spire over top.
Garnish with a lemon twist and enjoy!
Cocktail Serving Tips
All you need to make this cocktail is a mixing glass!
Though traditionally served in a copper cup or julep cup, you can also serve the Woodford Spire in clear rocks glass!
Yes! Instead of bourbon, you can just swap in unsweetened black tea!
I mean, it is a Woodford Spire, so Woodford Reserve Bourbon is preferred. But you can use whatever brand of bourbon you like best!
More Cocktail Recipes You Might Like!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. And if you want more delicious, scratch-made recipes you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Woodford Spire Cocktail
- 1 ½ ounces Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- 2 ounces lemonade
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- crushed ice
- lemon peel
- Add the bourbon, lemonade, and cranberry juice to a mixing glass and stir.
- Pour over curshed ice.
- Garnish with lemon peel or lemon twist!
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.