This homemade pumpkin spice latte is full of real pumpkin flavor and sweetened just slightly with brown sugar!
I personally am NOT a fan of PSL's from Starbucks....they're just way too sweet to me and I don't think they even taste like pumpkin at all. So I wanted to make my own version that isn't overly sweet!
You just need 6 simple ingredients to make a pumpkin spice latte at home!
- Milk - I'm a whole milk kind of girl, but you can use your favorite milk substitute if desired!
- Pumpkin puree - I almost exclusively use Libby's Pumpkin because it really is the best of the best! A ton of people have run blind taste tests comparing different brands of pumpkin puree, and Libby's is always the winner!
- Brown sugar - You could also substitute maple syrup!
- Pumpkin spice - You can buy a pumpkin pie spice blend at most grocery stores, or just make your own!
- Espresso - I'm a BIG fan of my Nespresso machine, but any espresso or brewed coffee will work!
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Home
Add the milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin spice to a pot and bring it to a simmer over medium-low heat.
Once simmering, remove from the heat and froth the milk if desired (I love this handheld milk frother).
Brew you espresso and pour into your mug. Then top with the frothed milk!
That's it! Super easy and so good!
I like this pumpkin spice latte with just 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar but if you want a sweeter latte just add a little extra!
You can also top with homemade whipped cream if desired!
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. And if you want more delicious, scratch-made recipes you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Homemade Brown Sugar Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Add the milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin spice to a pot and bring it to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Once simmering, remove from the heat and froth the milk if desired.
- Brew you espresso and pour into your mug. Then top with the frothed milk!
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.