Does anything say summer like a big summer salad topped with a ton of fresh fruit? Speaking of, can you believe it's already August?? 2020 has completely warped my sense of time. Here I am thinking I'm posting this yummy salad recipe in the beginning of the summer when in reality fall is just around the corner. Oops.
Anyhow, this salad is super easy and so so good! It's light, crunchy and topped with a tangy lemon vinaigrette! It's my absolute favorite quick lunchtime salad!
I love making my own vinaigrette's to keep in the fridge and this lemon vinaigrette is my go-to! It's best made a day in advance so the flavors really have time hang out and meld. You can whisk everything together in a bowl but my preferred method is using a wide mouth mason jar* and just shaking it all up.
If you make this summer salad, please leave us a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers.
Summer Salad with Goat Cheese and Lemon Vinaigrette
- 4 cups fresh spinach or mixed greens
- 1 honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl and drizzle with vinaigrette to taste.
- Salad is best eaten the same day but the vinaigrette can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks! The olive oil will solidify in the fridge, so just let the vinaigrette sit at room temperature for a while before using.
More Summer Recipes
Browse more summer recipes →