Does anything say summer like a big summer salad topped with a ton of fresh fruit? This salad is light, crunchy and topped with a tangy lemon vinaigrette! It's my absolute favorite quick lunchtime salad!
My favorite thing about this salad is that you can easily swap out the ingredients for whatever you like!
- Greens - I love using mixed greens, but this salad is also delicious with fresh spinach or kale.
- Fruit - Strawberries and sliced apples are my go-to, but blueberries and pears are also delicious!
- Nuts - Candied pecans are my favorite thing everrrrr, but you could use regular toasted pecans, walnuts, or almonds!
- Protein - If I want a heartier meal, I like to add some grilled chicken on top!
I prefer making my own vinaigrette's to keep in the fridge and this lemon vinaigrette is my go-to! It's best made a day in advance so the flavors really have time hang out and meld. You can whisk everything together in a bowl but my preferred method is using a wide mouth mason jar and just shaking it all up.
More Salad Recipes!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. And if you want more delicious, scratch-made recipes you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Summer Salad with Goat Cheese and Lemon Vinaigrette
- 4 cups mixed greens or fresh spinach
- 1 honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ shallot, sliced
- ¼ cup candied pecans
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously to combine. Taste and add salt as desired.
- Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl and drizzle with vinaigrette to taste.
- Salad is best eaten the same day but the vinaigrette can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks! The olive oil will solidify in the fridge, so just let the vinaigrette sit at room temperature for a while before using.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.