Struggling to decide which Christmas cookies to make this year? Well do I have the list for you! These are all my favorite Christmas cookies, plus my tips on how to put together a super fun cookie box! A cookie box is a great addition to any holiday spread (why stop at Christmas?) but you can also get disposable boxes and give them as Christmas gifts to friends and neighbors!
How to Make A Christmas Cookie Box
Cookie boxes can be as simple or extravagant as your heart desires!
For my box pictured above, I used a large drawer organizer that has little compartments. This is a great option for making a cookie spread for yourself or a fun Christmas party! But if you want to give smaller cookie boxes as a gift, you can get disposable boxes that still look nice!
A few more tips!
- Make cookie stacks and tie them with ribbon or twine.
- Place some cookies on their side.
- Use little containers or cupcake liners to help separate cookies/treats.
- Use cardboard or cardstock to create little dividers.
- You can use crinkle cut paper to line the bottom of the box.
- Place your largest cookies first and work down to the smallest! This allows you to fill in the spaces with little treats so the box looks super abundant!
What Cookies To Include?
- Different shapes and sizes - A bunch of different shapes and sizes will help your cookie box look more dynamic! I like to use classic round cookies like brown butter sugar cookies, rectangular shortbread cookies, and fun shapes like snowflake linzer cookies or stamped cookies!
- Different flavors - Again you want the variety so that there are different flavors and your gift receiver can't resist trying each one!
- Add in extra treats - Think beyond just cookies! It can be fun to add in some extra little treats (and saves you from baking too much). Some ideas are chocolate covered pretzels, individually wrapped chocolates, candy canes, hot chocolate bombs, etc.
- Tip - Just walk down the candy aisle at Trader Joe's and go crazy!
Below you'll find previews and links to all my favorite Christmas cookie recipes! Plus a few extras from other bloggers that I love!
All my favorite wintery cookies! I recommend choosing 3-4 classic cookies for a cookie box and then supplementing with a few other treats!
Macarons are still cookies but I thought they deserved their own category! Macarons can be tricky if you've never made them before, but all my recipes have a lot of tips and tricks for success!
Below are some of my favorite Christmas macaron flavors!
Brownies & Bars
Cookies are great but I also love adding some brownies, cookie bars, and biscotti to my cookie boxes!
Some items don't fit in a category but still make a great addition to your cookie box!
More Fun Christmas Recipes!
Browse more Christmas recipes →