Struggling to decide which Christmas cookies to make this year? Well do I have the list for you! Plus my tips on how to put together a super fun cookie box! A cookie box is a great addition to any holiday spread (why stop at Christmas?) but you can also get disposable boxes and give them as Christmas gifts to friends and neighbors!
How to Make A Christmas Cookie Box
Cookie boxes can be as simple or extravagant as your heart desires!
For my box pictured above, I used a vintage serving tray that lives on my coffee table. Then I cut up pieces of cardboard from an Amazon box and some sticky tack to make little dividers! This is a great option for making a cookie spread for yourself or a fun Christmas party! But if you want to give cookie boxes as a gift, you can get disposable boxes that still look nice!
A few more tips!
- Make cookie stacks and tie them with ribbon or twine*.
- Place some cookies on their side.
- Use little containers* or cupcake liners to help separate cookies/treats.
- Use cardboard or cardstock to create little dividers.
- You can use crinkle cut paper* to line the bottom of the box.
- Place your largest cookies first and work down to the smallest! This allows you to fill in the spaces with little treats so the box looks super abundant!
What Cookies To Include?
- Different shapes and sizes - A bunch of different shapes and sizes will help your cookie box look more dynamic! I like to use classic round cookies like brown butter sugar cookies, rectangular shortbread cookies, and fun shapes like snowflake linzer cookies or stamped cookies!
- Different flavors - Again you want the variety so that there are different flavors and your gift receiver cannot resist trying each one!
- Add in extra treats - Think beyond just cookies! It can be fun to add in some extra little treats (and saves you from baking too much). Some ideas are chocolate covered pretzels, individually wrapped chocolates, candy canes, hot chocolate bombs, etc.
- Tip - Just walk down the candy aisle at Trader Joe's and go crazy!
Below you'll find previews and links to all my favorite Christmas cookie recipes! Plus a few extras from other bloggers that I love!
Shortbread is a simple and delicious cookie that is super adaptable! One of my favorite variations are these chocolate peppermint shortbread cookies that are dipped in white chocolate! They make perfect Christmas cookies! Read more →
Linzer cookies are one of my favorite Christmas cookies because they're just so pretty! You can make them in almost and shape with any filling, but these snowflake shaped cranberry linzer cookies are my favorite! Read more →
These brown butter stamp cookies are super simple yet completely show stopping! The are light, buttery, and so cute! They're the perfect addition to any Christmas cookie box or to snack on year round! Since these cookies aren't overly sweet, I love enjoying them with a big cup of coffee or hot chocolate!
Does anything say Christmas like cute cutout shortbread cookies?? Making these easy shortbread cookies is one of my favorite parts of the holiday season! They're great for making at home with the kiddos or giving out to friends and family! Read more →
One of my favorite cookies are these soft and chewy brown butter snickerdoodles! They have crispy edges, soft chewy centers, and that classic snickerdoodle tang in enhanced by the nutty brown butter. Read more →
I dare say these pecan pie cookie bars are 10 times better than regular pecan pie. A brown butter shortbread cookie crust and a bourbon and medjool date filling makes them absolutely to-die-for! These are the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dessert spread! Read more →
These brown butter maple shortbread cookies sandwiched with a thick, delicious maple filling that is simply to die for! I love making these all year long! Read more →
I know there are a lot of shortbread cookies on this list, but for good reason! They're so fun to add different ingredients and toppings to! These have almond flour and sliced almonds, are dipped in dark chocolate, and then sprinkled with flaky sea salt (drool)! Read more →
These brown butter sugar cookies are nice and crispy on the edges and have a soft, chewy, under-baked center. I used to think sugar cookies were super boring and plain. In fact, I can't even remember eating sugar cookies growing up because I just didn't like them. Turns out, I just hadn't had a good sugar cookie. So I present to you, the best dang brown butter sugar cookies you'll ever sink your teeth into! Read more →
Ever wish you could eat Nutella in macaron form? Well now you can! These chocolate macarons are filled with Nutella buttercream and topped with drizzled dark chocolate and chopped hazelnuts. They are truly to die for. Read more →
These brown butter chocolate chip cookies are my favorite cookies of all time. They're loaded with dark chocolate chips and toffee pieces and have the most wonderful brown butter flavor. They might not be traditional Christmas cookies but I promise Santa won't complain! Read more →
A Few More Cookie Recipes from Bloggers I love!
- Hot Chocolate Bombs from If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen
- Ginger Sandwich Cookies from The Cookie Dough Diaries
- Spiced Apple Butter Linzer Cookies from Bakers Table
- Gingerbread Linzer Cookies with Hazelnut Coffee Filling from Whiskfully So
- Pumpkin Kitchen Sink Cookies from Flax and Sugar
- Oatmeal Fig Ginger Cookies from Josh is Baking
More Christmas Recipes
Browse more Christmas recipes →