My favorite snack during this quarantine has been these cranberry orange muffins! They're light, buttery, and so good! I have literally made 4 batches of these muffins in the last month. They are super quick and easy to make and I just can't stop eating them! You might be thinking that this is more of a fall flavor (and you'd be right) but I always keep cranberries in the freezer so that I can make these muffins year round!
One of my favorite tricks for super fluffy and moist muffins is adding both almond flour and yogurt to the batter. I swap out about ½ cup of the all purpose flour for almond flour because it helps with that super light, fluffy texture that we want (there's nothing worse than a dense muffin). And the yogurt helps keep the muffins super moist so that we don't end up with dry, crumbly muffins.
If desired, sprinkle some Sparkling Sugar* to give your muffins some extra pizazz.
For all my regular sized muffins and cupcakes I use my USA Pan muffin pan*. In fact, almost all of my baking pans are USA Pan because they are super high quality and durable. I highly recommend them!
If you like these muffins, you might also like these chocolate cherry muffins!
More muffin recipes
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. And if you want more delicious, scratch-made recipes you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain full fat yogurt
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour, substitute all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup orange juice, about 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, about 1 large orange
- 1 ½ cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- sparkling sugar, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare you muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add in the eggs and whisk until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Stir in the vanilla and yogurt until fully combined.
- In a separate small bowl, sift together the flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add half of the dry ingredient mixture and stir until combined.
- Mix in the orange juice and orange zest. Then stir in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir in the cranberries and walnuts (if using frozen cranberries, there is no need to thaw first).
- Spoon the batter into your muffin cups so that they are about ⅔ full. Sprinkle sparkling sugar over top of each muffin if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes for regular sized muffins. Rotate the pan about halfway through so that the muffins brown evenly.
- Remove and let cool on wire rack.
Browse more muffin recipes →